WCCAC award finalist paintings

This year i got 3/3 into the competition, wish me luck guys


Mt cook. Last year TJ from the NZ herald reviewed my work for my audacious use of white spaces. This year round i decided to play with my ink techniques more to push the white in the clouds. Hope you guys like this 

Who said you can't do still life with Chinese painting?? and who said you can't do it with a nz theme. my painting is called "Sweet harvest" to reflect a number of objects that is symbolic to nz. heres the list and see if you can spot them: kowhai,bees,weta,ferns,grapes,cheese(1987 yr i was born), snapper.For my chinese hybrid theme to connect my roots i put in : peony, porcelain with nz landscape, boc choi, peach

"United we stand" Kauri trees are struggling to stay alive but we as a community can back this up and can make a difference. I made this as a fisheye view with a blend of chinese painting ideas 

Comments