Some pictures during the opening at Lopdell house gallery

 During the opening i saw some old friends and some familiar faces. I had heaps of support that night and had most of my family there to celebrate my success. It was a new breath of fresh air to what a artist was all about. I was always worried about my career choice and i guess this showed me i was right to not put all my eggs in a basket.
The start of the walk was designed to be angled to have a gesture of embracing the audience with a leading wall device with the screens being suspended. The floating effect with the bird music playing with the light, brought  the paintings to life. The Moon window was a architectural feature to acknowledged the traditions in Chinese gardens. The circle makes a focal point and a framing device for the windows and doors, as well as give a element of curiosity.   

The front entrance piece, the kiwi march





My grand piece in the gallery, the landscape is captivating with a large portion of mist hiding the Kauri and presenting the stones and mountains in the distance. This piece was supposed to show hope to the future so i left it black and white



I was honored to have painted a mural directly onto the gallery walls it twisted the art space into a world of its own.
.

The lighting played very nicely with the pictures and gave a shaded effect with some of them.


the entrance again a picture of the moon window 
too small to contain 30-40 people coming in at once so we had to take turns 
 a complete picture of the final peice
one of my favorites, shows a nice angle to the kauri 

Can't thank mum and dad enough for there unconditional support

lastly the title of my exhibition " Gods of the forest" I give all glory to my God! AMEN!

Comments