Seasonal greetings to all people around the world with my art

Its been a fantastic holiday. been doing tonnes of drawings and paintings but just don't have the time to upload until now. Hope everyone is going well. Lately my parents have been taking me around the botanical gardens just at the edge of Auckland. I love the roses and peonies.
Lately i have been addicted to porcelin art, and have been trying out roses for chinese painting. Have the odd bee there and here.
The peony painting was done for a banner for a north shore Santa parade at my school.I was unable to attend during that day but i am so proud of the kids that walked with my banner around (super Asian).My Calligraphy teacher helped me write a poem to fill up the top corner of the composition. The four letters above means Wonders of fragrance that only heaven can compare. Under the plants lie two birds under a rock peering across a misty mountain. 
 LOVE the Chinese themes for prosperity ^^ so i painted Koi fish as my new years seasonal greeting painting. Hope you all like it, taken me hours to work out the lighting and the techniques for the scales. The scene is under a willow tree with a pond peering across, guess it makes the painting more poetic as you add elements like the wind into it. (By the way the koi is a symbol of prosperity because of its large population with offspring if you was wondering + it has a large variety of colours) 


Comments